Search This Blog

Jun 22, 2010

My Sweet Mango





Yesterday was worming day for the horses. Mango, our rescue horse, has been steadily gaining weight after being nearly starved to death when we got her. To worm her I needed to know how much she weighs, so I grabbed a weight tape and measured her. The initial reading said that she still weighed 807 pounds, this was what she weighed when I brought her home but I knew she had gained, I can see the difference! I then realized that even though she's gained weight the height of her withers and depth of her barrel would still be the same so I moved the tape down her barrel and averaged what I found: a little over 1000 pounds! Whoo hoo, my girl's not starving any more! Here are some before and after pictures, she still has a ways to go but 200 pounds isn't a bad start!

No comments:

Post a Comment