Search This Blog

Jun 6, 2011

Rainbow Fish


Inspired the beautiful colors of the radishes, beets, and carrots I harvested today I made "Rainbow Fish" for dinner. This recipe is simple and quick, plus it only takes one pan! Enough for 4 people it took about 15 minutes to put together.



Rainbow Fish

1 cup Quinoa rinsed and drained
2 cups water or broth
Variety of radishes, beets, and carrots sliced thinly
3 Tablespoons fresh herbs (I used sage and oregano)
2 Tablespoons butter
4 fillets of fish (I used Tilapia)

Rinse and drain the quinoa, a fine sieve with a handle works the best for this job. I've always had trouble with the quinoa floating away if I rinse it in a bowl. Put quinoa and 2 cups liquid in a baking dish. Chop the veggies and herbs, add to the the baking pan with quinoa. Put fish fillets on top of the vegetables and quinoa, top each fillet with a half tablespoon of butter (note: I used frozen fish so it didn't over cook in the time it takes for the quinoa to cook, if using fresh fish you may want to bake it for about 10 minutes before adding the fish). Grind fresh pepper and sea salt over the entire pan. Cook for about 20 mins on 400 until the quinoa and fish are fork tender.


No comments:

Post a Comment