Search This Blog

Apr 19, 2011

Buckshots Booby Trap



Today my neighbor "Pops" and I were out farting around in the pasture. We checked out the baby goats, speculated on when the other does would kid, and had a nice time scratching the horses. When we went to see the bees we noticed all three upper boxes on the hives had been knocked askew leaving the frames slightly exposed. I figured Buck must have knocked into them a bit or gotten nosy while sniffing for honey. I mentioned calling the beekeeper to straighten them out since I try my best not to mess with them but Pops just started fixing them. He straightened out the first one and the bees were relaxed so as he started to fix the second as I tried to fix the third. It didn't go well for me and instead of the top box sliding into place the whole stack moved. Of course the bees came out and started buzzing me, then chasing me and getting in my hair. A couple landed on my arms and face but by this time I was getting away from the hive as fast as possible. I got stung on my arm as I pulled my pony tail out and was shaking them out of my hair, then stung in the middle of my forehead as I flailed my arms like a moron and screeched like a harpy. While I was running around like a dummy Pops fixed the third box and didn't get stung at all thank grilled cheesus, but my dog Jack and I each earned ourselves a few bee induced welts. Lessons learned- Buck and I are both stupid for getting near the bees. DO NOT TOUCH the BEES!!

No comments:

Post a Comment